Saturday, March 3, 2012

Crochet Skirt - Pattern for 5-6 years girl

 I made this skirt for my 6 years daughter. I follow the pattern that a friend from a Crochet group gave me.
Thank you Jenny Thornton. Her blog is Fluff n' Stuff Bowtique. And her Facebook page is Bowtique Fluff n' Stuff




Here is her pattern: 

Skirt pattern Any yarn, any size hook
Abbreviations:
Ch - Chain
Sl St - slip stitch
hdbl- half double crochet
fphdl - front post half double crochet
bphdl - back post half double crochet
dbl- double crochet
FO - finish off

Measure waist Ch to that length, join with sl st in begining chain
Rd 1: Ch 2 hdbl in next ch and each ch around, join in top of ch2 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, fphdl in first hdbl of rd 1. bphdbl in next. continue to alternate fphdbl and bphdbl around. join with sl st in top of ch 2
Rd 3 & 4 repeat rd 2
Rd 5: Ch 2, hdbl in each stitch around, join with sl st in top of ch2
Repeat rd 5 until approximately 1 1/2 - 2 inches above desired length

Ruffle
Rd 1: Ch 3, dbl in same space as joined. Dbl, ch1 dbl in next hdbl and every hdbl around. Join in 2nd ch of begining ch 3 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, dbl in each dbl & ch 1 sp around
Rd 3: Repeat Rd 2 FO

Draw string: Chain double the # in your beginging chain. Weave through rnd 3 of skirt.

If you want the skirt to flare more increase 1 hdbl at the begining of every 5th row.

Here it is my work:

I started with a chain with 95 stitches and I joined with sl st in the first st to make a circle.





Then I made the waistband like Jenny.

Rd 1: Ch 2 hdbl in next ch and each ch around, join in top of ch2 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, fphdl in first hdbl of rd 1. bphdbl in next. continue to alternate fphdbl and bphdbl around. join with sl st in top of ch 2
Rd 3 & 4 repeat rd 2
Rd 5: Ch 2, hdbl in each stitch around, join with sl st in top of ch2
Repeat rd 5 until approximately 1 1/2 - 2 inches above desired length





I made 5 rows for waistband.



Then I made a double crochet in every stitch and I went around. (Jenny made half double crochet).


I alternate blue and yellow for contrast.


I made the ruffle.


Rd 1: Ch 3, dbl in same space as joined. Dbl, ch1 dbl in next hdbl and every hdbl around. Join in 2nd ch of begining ch 3 with sl st
Rd 2: Ch 2, dbl in each dbl & ch 1 sp around
Rd 3: Repeat Rd 2 FO


This is the first row.


I made 3 rows for ruffle.



That's all. It was soooo easy. You'll see.


I made a draw string and I attached 3 flowers.



My daughter was soooo proud at kindergarten with her new blue skirt.







If you have any question, please send me a message.
If you want me to crochet a skirt like this for you, leave a message.

To make the flowers,you can use my pattern: Crochet Blue Flower Pattern



10 comments:

  1. superba fustita ♥
    imi amintesc cum toata copilaria am fost invidiata de colege caci avea cela mai frumoase fustite crosetate de o matusa ♥ Ce fericita trebuie sa fie fetita ta ♥ Felicitari si pupici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Bright & Creative Morning! I've awarded you The Versatile Blogger award because of your faithful blogging about your work and the work of others. Visit my blog post for details, http://www.hollyhocksllcshop.blogspot.com , and to get your banner. Congrats and see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, i srart to crochet this skirt, but... i do not know how to crochet these flowers,, it looks wonderful. can you share flower pattern too? i will be very thankful. if you do not want to write in your blog, so send me a link pasiutuz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello pasiutuz,

    The flowers are crocheted separately. I'll write the pattern down and I write here and I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have crocheted the skirt. thank you. it was very fast and easy. now, i am waiting to crochet the flowers and the skirt will be finished. THANK YOU.. i love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much. I didn't write the pattern for this flower, but I have another one: it's very easy to make - follow this link:

    http://ema-decorations.blogspot.com/2012/03/crochet-flower-pattern.html

    Send me a picture with your skirt please. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i saw that flower before and than i have asked you for that one :) I fall in love with your flowers on the skirt.. Please please please tell me how did you crochet this flowers on the skirt... (how to send a picture?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Hello pasiutuz,

    I post the pattern for this flower:
    http://ema-decorations.blogspot.com/2012/04/crochet-blue-flower-pattern.html

    You can send me your pictures by email: ema_decorations@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

How to make felt pizza

All kids love pizza. Let's make one from felt. It will be an educational toy for them. Using this felt pizza you can do many activities...