Monday, April 2, 2012

THOMAS Banner


You know Thomas, the train? In fact this is a banner for a boy named Thomas. I know that little kids like to see their name on the wall. Because they have an age, between 3 and 5 years, when they discover them as persons and suddenly their names are very important. 


I made it for a 5 years boy. It will be great in his room. The banner length is almost 50 cm (19 inches) without the plane and the cloud. Size for letters: 6 cm (2.36 inches) 

I didn't know anything about this little boy: what he prefers, what toys he likes. I supposed that he likes airplanes, like other little boys.  For this reason, I sew  a plane at the beginning and a cloud at the end, and other 2 little planes on the banner. 


This is the big plane. I tried to mix the blue with yellow to add more light and a little red for contrast. 



And this is the cloud. A puffy one, because it has poly-fill inside. 


I cut very carefully the letters and I tried to mix the boy-ish colors: dark blue, light blue, purple.



It can be a great gift for a little boy who loves planes and his name is THOMAS. If you want another appliques instead of planes and clouds, please send me a message. 
Custom orders are always welcome. You can choose another name or other colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...