Friday, August 10, 2012

Five Little Monkeys Felt Board

You know the song Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed? It's a very known song for children. Inspired by this funny song, I made a felt board with monkeys: 5 kids, a mom (with a flower in her hair) and a doctor. 


Instead of bed, I sew a branch and some leaves.It is made from soft and colorful felt and the monkeys have polyester inside and Velcro on the back. 



I attached the printed lyrics. But what can you do with this felt funny board? Ooooo, so many activities !


First you can use it as nursery decor, as picture in your kids room or classroom and then you can play with it.
It can be a travel felt board too and your kids can play safely and quietly in the train, in the car or plane. Take the board with you when you visit the doctor - your kids will be concerned to play.
 


Activities you can play:

1. Sing the song and play with the monkeys
2. Count the monkeys
3. Invent a story about monkeys
4. Talk about jungle, monkeys, monkeys' food
5. Talk about the family
6. Invent a silly song
7. Make simple addition
8. Play "I spy ..."





Every child would be happy to play with monkeys. 


If you like my felt board, you can buy it in My Etsy Shop
Thank you very much. 

Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...