Monday, July 25, 2016

Three Little Pigs Felt Story Book

Three Little Pigs is a story that I like it very much. I wanted to make a book for it. Because I don't like the sad end, I changed it, so the wolf could take a shower in the pig's big pot. If you want to buy my felt quiet book, please visit My Etsy Shop - Three Little Pigs Quiet Book

Why a book from felt instead of printed one?
1. It is soft and colorful and the kids like to touch and feel the material.
2. It has detachable items and you kids can move them and develop their fine motor skill - to use buttons, to hang on with hook and eyes, to fit the snaps or the Velcro.
3. A felt book gives you opportunities to tell the story and to play in the same time. Use the pigs and the wolf to create memorable stories.
4. You can use it for additional activities: counting, recognize the colors, play I spy ..., talk about vegetables and fruits, about gardening.
5. You can take it with you anywhere: when you go to doctor and have to wait to long, when you travel by car or by plane, at the church or just to play with it home.

My book is made from felt. It has pockets to hide and place the wolf, the pigs, the fruits. The fruits have different closure system  - hook and eyes, snaps, buttons and the roofs have Velcro.


Look at my pages:

Pages 1 and 2 - A bush shaped pocket to hide the wolf. Take a tour in the pig garden to talk about eggplant.


Pages 3 and 4 - A wood house and an apple tree. You can pick up the apples and place them in the basket. 


Pages 5 and 6 - The bricks house and a pear tree. And just a little hedgehog in the corner. 


Pages 7 and 8 - A plum tree with snaps. The final page is the one where the wolf could take a shower. Place the fire and the shower to help him. They don't have any Velcro because it is your choice to use them or not for this story. 


The covers - The front one has the title, but you can ask for writing a name. The back cover has just a mushroom. 

You can use pages individually or as a book. You can use it at home, for homeschooling or at kingergarten. 

Best,
Ema  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...