Friday, October 28, 2016

Cross Stitch Bookmark Tutorial

I made a cross stitch bookmark for a lovely person. She wanted to write Imagine Peace built by Yoko Ono. I show you in this easy tutorial how to make one bookmark for you.



If you know how to write the letters using cross stitches, that's fine. If you don't, use an online cross stitch writing tool. I like StitchPoint.


I sew the words Imagine PEACE and I added two little hearts. Here it is a short movie.




The fringe - Here it is how I made the fringe. I pulled apart the threads from the ends, using a needle. Be careful, they need to be the same size.



I made an edge to sew it.


I cut a piece of white felt for the back.


I sew the bookmark and the felt together, on the edge, using blanket stitch.





And this is the cross stitch bookmark. Make one for a special person in your life. Choose some words with a special meaning, a quotation.


Happy sewing.
Ema

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penguin Toy

A new penguin toy in my collection. Soft and fluffy, I made him from two different fleece. My daughter said that fleece from his belly is a...